a-bout |əˈbout| preposition.
1. on the subject of; concerning: I was thinking about you. you asked about the poet.
2. used to indicate movement within a particular area: she travels around the world but looks about the room.
3. used to express location in a particular place: books strewn about the hall. she produced a poem from somewhere about her person.
1. used to indicate movement in an area: thoughts were floundering about in her head.
2. used to express location in a particular place: there was a lot of paper about. a writer about in the city.
3. (used with a number or quantity) approximately: she has about fifteen notebooks. her pens have been reduced by about 50% since her friends started to steal them.
The Bedside Poet